The Town of Orange was formed from Wayne, Steuben County, February 12, 1813, as "Jersey". Its name was changed on February 20, 1836. A part of Hornby, Steuben County, was annexed April 11, 1842, and a part of Bradford, Steuben County, April 17, 1854, on the formation of Schuyler County. Monterey is the only village in the Town of Orange.
There are 1752 residents from the 2000 Census with 523 households, and a total 666 housing units available.
TO ALL TOWN OF ORANGE PROPERTY OWNERS & PERSONS
BUILDING & REMODELING:
Purchase of Driveway Sluice Pipe Landowner’s
The New York State
Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code is in effect in the Town of Orange.
Permits are required for:
(before moving) of a Mobile Home onto a lot.
construction of houses, garages, decks, outbuildings, etc.
additions & alterations to any of the above.
extensions of electrical & plumbing systems.
All chimneys & solid fuel appliances.
NOTE: Failure to obtain a permit prior to start-up will result in an additional $50.00
ABOVE APPLIES TO RESIDENTIAL, INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL, MERCANTILE, AGRICULTURAL,
TOWN OF ORANGE OFFICES FOR INFORMATION.